(English / Español) • 64 pages • (See "MUSIC DOWNLOADS of EASY PIECES") • The Famous Traveling Melodies "in Latin styles": London Bridge, Yankee Doodle, Ode to Joy; Merengue Rojo, Danza de Luzma (Easy & advanced), the easy version of PAJARO CAMPANA (The Bell Bird), La Cucaracha, Las Mañanitas, Mulher Rendeira (Woman Weaver), A Waltz for Dreaming (3 versions), Canto del pilón, The Harp Cha-cha-cha, Nuestros Sueños (Our Dreams), Waiting, Habanera Rosa, Habanera Gris, Llano (easy version), Cumbia deliciosa, Zamba para un día de lluvia (Zamba for a Rainy Day), Arroz con leche, Duérmete mi niño, Paisaje, Noche de Fiesta.
• FREE SHIPPING for orders $40+ (Media Mail, USA delivery only)
• INTERNATIONAL shipping rates available during check out process
• ALL BOOKS are for ALL HARPS (lever, folk or pedal harps or piano)
• All books include EASY music as well as INTERMEDIATE music.
• Please, RESPECT the COPYRIGHTS of the artists and composers: Do not share nor make copies of the music, books, PDFs or music downloads you purchase, except for your own personal use. Thank you for your understanding.
• ENVÍO GRATIS para órdenes de $40 o más ("Media Mail," solo en Estados Unidos)
• Costo de envío INTERNACIONAL aparece durante el proceso de pago
• TODOS LOS LIBROS son para TODO TIPO DE ARPA (de "lever," folclóricas, de pedales o piano)
• Todos los libros incluyen música de niveles "FACIL e INTERMEDIO."
• Por favor, RESPETE los DERECHOS DE AUTOR de los artistas y compositores: No comparta ni haga copias de los libros, PDFs, música o descargas que compre, excepto para su uso personal. Gracias por comprensión.
(English / Español) • 64 pages • (See "MUSIC DOWNLOADS of EASY PIECES") • Some with lyrics. CONTENT: "MORE Famous Traveling Melodies: Frere Jacque, Alfredo's Traveling Melody and "How to Händel Latin Rhythms"; The Butterfly Trees (Los árboles de las mariposas), Una vez en la Montaña, Milonga para amar (Milonga for Loving) (easy and advanced), Tu Ventana (easy and advanced), Conga viene conga va! (easy and advanced), Brazilian Carnival, Tango Triste, El Solito, Los Pollitos, Al ánimo, Naranja Dulce, De Colores, Recordando el pueblito (easy and advanced), Danza Cubana.
(English / Español) • 64 pages • (See "MUSIC DOWNLOADS of EASY PIECES") • Easy to advanced · Some with lyrics. CONTENT: The Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Spider and the Harp, The Traveling Spider (Have FUN playing the Itsy Bitsy Sipder in music styles from Colombia, Brazil and Paraguay), Mano a mano (Hand to Hand), Pensamientos #1 (Thoughts #1), Waltz for a Birth (easy and advanced versions plus duo for harp and violin or solo instrument), Recordando aquel momento, Andina, Carnaval en los Andes, Iguazú, "Venezolana Number 3" and the famous traditional harp melody from Mexico: LA BAMBA (Easy and advanced versions).
(English / Español / Française) • 64 pages • (See "MUSIC DOWNLOADS of EASY PIECES") • Six Easy South American Dances: Joropo #1 & #2, Galopa #1 & #2, Carnavalito & Bambuco; Si Quedara Sin Ti (If I Ever Lost You) (2nd version with lyrics in English & Spanish), Villavicencio (Easy and advanced versions and third version with lyrics), Zayante (easy and advanced versions), Una Noche (A Night) (easy and advanced versions), Las Abajeñas (traditional from Mexico) (easy and advanced versions), A Harp and a Bambuco.
• (See "MUSIC DOWNLOADS of EASY PIECES") • (80 pages). Easy to advanced levels. Sections on the harps of Venezuela, Mexico, Colombia, Paraguay, Perú, Ecuador and Chile, special techniques, photographs of several types of harps and 50 pages of music including: El Pájaro Campana (The Bell Bird) (Advanced version), Una Luz en el Mar (A Light in the Sea), Ecuador, La Guabina, Llano (Plains) (advanced version), Atardecer (Sunset), El Río (The River), Seis por Derecho, Pasaje número uno, Colorado, 18 de Octubre, 3 de Mayo, Che valle mi Yaguarón, "Nda recoi la culpa" and two themes from "Suite to Luzma."
(English / Español) • 80 pages • FUN for ALL HARPS • EASY to INTERMEDIATE levels. CONTENT: HABANERA GRIS (one easy version for 1 or 2 harps, and another easy version for 1 or 2 harps plus 1 or 2 voices or instruments) • CUMBIA DELICIOSA for 2 or 3 harps • LLANO for 2 or 3 harps • DANZA DE LUZMA for 2 or 3 harps. Each piece has a score and separate harp parts. See numerous performances in YOUTUBE.
(English / Español) • 80 pages • ALL HARPS • EASY to INTERMEDIATE • Includes lyrics • Jingle Bells and Oh Christmas Tree (both with Latin style arrangements). Beloved traditional melodies from MEXICO: Humildes Peregrinos & Las Posadas; COLOMBIA: Tuntaina; VENEZUELA: Niño Lindo, "Cantemos, cantemos" (Let's sing, let's sing), ¡Oh Luna! (Oh Moon!); and my original compositions: Remembering Our Christmas, A Night Long Ago and CHRISTMAS WALTZ. This waltz has an easy version for 1 or 2 harps PLUS an advanced version for solo harp which may be combined with the easy solo or duo version for other 2 or 3 harps versions! Lots of flexibility!!!. • Click the secondary image for more lyrics translations.
May be played with LEVER or PEDAL harps. • Harp 1 and 2: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL. • Harp 3 and 4: EASY LEVEL. • Includes score and harps parts. • Invited by the Dutch Host Committee of the Tenth World harp Congress, Alfredo composed this concert piece with its main section in the rhythmic style of "cumbia," the National Dance of Colombia, South America. Percussive effects on the soundboards in some parts add to the drama and excitement of the piece. WORLD PREMIERE by 232 HARPS during the TENTH WORLD HARP CONGRESS, Amsterdam, July 22, 2008. See videos of the premiere and other performances in YOUTUBE.
(Intermediate/Advanced) Score and five parts. Premiered at the National Conference of the American Harp Society, San Diego, California, 1992, it has become a favorite of pedal harp ensembles around the world. Performances include: Soka International Harp Festival, Japan, 1997 & 98; Latin American Harp Encounter, Cuernavaca, Mexico, 2004; WORLD HARP CONGRESS, Vancouver, Canada, 2011; 50th anniversary of the American Harp Society and 40th Conference of the Society, New York, 2012. Recording by members of "HarpFusion" in CD "SOUTH AMERICAN SUITE FOR HARP AND ORCHESTRA." Also recorded by Alice Giles and her seven pedal harp ensemble "SHE", in their album "Bolmimerie." Search performances in YOUTUBE.
Score and four parts. Composed for the CHICAGO HARP QUARTET and dedicated to Susann McDonald, the WORLD PREMIERE took place at CARNEGIE HALL, New York, March 26, 2015, performed by the quartet. Inspired by his childhood memories of falling asleep while watching the frequent thunderstorms through his window, it is in two sections based on the rhythmic styles of the Cuban "danzón" and "conga." Duration: 8 minutes approximately. Level: intermediate/Advanced. See performances in YOUTUBE.
(Intermediate/Advanced level) Dedicated to my friend, Canadian harpist Sharlene Wallace, this concert piece was written specifically for pedal harp or lever harp, with detailed pedal and lever instructions. Sharlene performed the WORLD PREMIERE in Vancouver, Canada, in 2011, during the WORLD HARP CONGRESS. The piece was created remembering a marvelous full moon night while visiting Niagara Falls with my wife . . .